Hands on Director of Tech - Python ideally
The country’s leading non-profit radio station is looking to add an experienced Director of Technology to their digital content team to help scale out the platforms that have made podcasts and other media, such as Serial, so popular. The team is looking to revamp a massive portion of their funding platform so the work available for this team ranges from highly scalable internal systems to consumer facing web content.
You will manage a team of backend, frontend and mobile developers with the mission to build both web and mobile platforms that integrate aspects of local and national-level journalism and media. This position would require a 50/50 split of hands on development vs management.
You would also be responsible for managing both scrum team leaders and then supervise the work of the rest of the team. Any experience with mobile development, system administration, software architect with an engineering background preferred.
Required Skills & Experience
- 5+ Years of experience in a management/lead role
- 3+ Years of hands on experience in web development OR mobile development (Python OR iOS preferred)
- Experience managing a team of 5+ developers (backend, frontend and mobile)
- Experience managing Scrum Leaders
- Have the ability to work in a fast-paced , changing environment
- Ability to actively communicate and motivate a development team
Desired Skills & Experience
- BS in Computer Science/Engineering or related
- Experience in media/music industry
Benefits & Perks
Competitive pay in addition to standard benefits, free tickets to sponsored events such as movie premiers and concerts, and office exposure to celebrities and other high profile individuals