Senior Network Engineer / DevOps Engineer
San Diego’s most advancing cancer diagnostics company is looking for a talented Sr. Network Engineer for the Image Management team that will be part of an emerging DevOps cloud team responsible for regular monitoring, efficiencies, and automation of development operational infrastructure and cloud based services. The successful candidate will have a working knowledge of software development best practices, software test procedures, Virtual Machine maintenance and deployment, development operations tools, and software operations. This position requires strong attention to detail, excellent problem solving abilities, ability to multi-task and prioritize, and a service oriented approach to assisting other teams. The incumbent will work closely with Development and Quality Assurance operations in our US, Ireland, and India sites.
Required Skills & Experience
- B.S. Degree in Information Technology or equivalent experience
- 5+ years’ of experience with Microsoft Windows Server 2003/2008/2012 design and administration
- 2+ years’ of experience with VMware ESX/ESXi Server (5.5, 6)
- Hands-on experience in 2 or more Cloud implementations with high performance demands and/or global infrastructure
- Experience maintaining security patches and use of monitoring tools to meet cyber security standards
- Experience configuring servers, including RAID, SATA/SAS/SCSI DAS/NAS, etc.
- Experience working with network hardware platforms: routers, switches, load balancers, firewalls, IPS/IDS, network analyzers, proxy servers
- Experience working with globally distributed Development teams
Desired Skills & Experience
- Familiarity with backup software for networked servers (Azure Backup, BackupExec, CommVault)
- Familiarity with IIS/Apache
- Familiarity with Dell EqualLogic
- Familiarity and maintenance activities of ISO 27001 and HIPAA compliance; including some oversight of security policies and procedures governing data, networks, and application systems.
- Assistance in investigation of cyber security incidents
- Microsoft Certifications – MCSE(2012), MCSE:2008 R2
- Cisco Certifications – CCNA, CCNP preferred
- Security certifications – CompTIA Security+, SANS GSEC, ISC2 CISSP
- Experience working with Continuous Integration practices
- Experience with vulnerability assessments and penetration testing
- Experience working in an FDA regulated and/or ISO 27001 compliant environment
- Monitoring tools and hardware
- Windows and Azure PowerShell scripting
Benefits & Perks
- Great biotechnology company building out revolutionary technology
- Awesome work culture
- Great work life balance
- On the verge of cutting edge technologies.
- Matching 401K
- Medical, Dental, and vision benefits.