Our client, a telecommunications company located in the Loop is looking for a DevOps Engineer to add to their growing team. This company takes any type of outbound traffic profile and supplies call termination in North America. They need a DevOps Engineer to help automate the company's infrastructure as they aim to eliminate overhead costs that come from large server infrastructures in the telecom industry. You will be playing an integral role in saving consumers lots of money!
The newest DevOps Engineer will design, build, scale, and uphold automated tools and frameworks that support the company's multiple business functions. You will work closely with both the operations team as well as the dev team to streamline deployment processes and tools and you'll be the liaison between engineering and operations to make the transition as smooth as possible.
Required Skills & Experience
· Experience driving large infrastructure improvements
· Experience supporting/improving server resources and infrastructure
· Experience with virtualization and/or cloud (Xen and AWS would be ideal)
· Experience with deployment tools like chef, docker, or puppet
· Experience with monitoring tools (Nagios, Cacti, etc)
· Experience logging lots of network data with elasticsearch, logstash, kibana, etc
· 1-2 week(s) development cycles
· Experience working in a Linux environment
· Scripting skills (Python, Ruby, Bash)
Benefits & Perks
Highly competitive salary, best health and dental insurance available, top notch equipment -- a DevOps engineer's dream! Laundry Service for the company, a personal budget so that you can extend your breadth of knowledge by going to conferences, buying books, taking courses, etc. Enjoy a workout facility, a stocked kitchen, a rest area, and a foosball table!