Software Engineer (Ruby)
Are you a serious coder interested in being the next member of a small but quickly growing team, where you’ll be an active participant in team development with both the hiring of new members and leadership? This role will contribute to the expansion of an already profitable platform specializing in reducing costs for real estate operators by having a centralized e-commerce space.
You will be a contributor to the addition of new features and functionality, working towards developing a consistent vendor integration module. You will also help to scale business analytics and data collection capabilities to extend and evolve the current B2B platform. In addition, it will be important to take ownership of components and deliver a well-tested code in an agile development environment. Having a team mentality is paramount to facilitate collaboration between members to provide feedback and estimates on requested work.
Required Skills & Experience
· 1+ years of experience building out nontrivial Ruby on Rails or Sinatra applications
· Fluent with relational databases, preferably PostgreSQL
· Experience with creating/consuming RESTful web services
· Understanding of pragmatic engineering best practices such as object oriented design, continuous integration and iterative releases
· TDD and fluency in any test framework, preferably RSpec
· Experience with Agile methodologies
· Good understanding of client-side web technologies including CSS, jQuery, HTML
· Comfortable working on a small team with a rapid release cycle
· Experience with cloud servers and Linux would be nice to have
· Understanding of search engine integration such as ElasticSearch would be nice to have
· Experience contributing to open source projects is desirable
Benefits & Perks
This is a full-time, salaried position located in Chicago, IL. Because this is an on-site position, you must be local to Chicago.