Sr. FullStack Engineer (Ruby on Rails)
A rapidly-scaling, cutting edge data platform company is seeking a Senior Ruby developer to help build out their core product features. The company is one of the fastest growing data-focused companies in the region, with a mission to automate businesses and help customers generate high quality customized training data for their machine learning initiatives. A focus on community is also a core part of their culture and makes the work environment a truly rewarding one for the right candidate. You will be bringing new and creative solutions to the advancement of the product and will engage in the full development life cycle, from specification review to product adoption. This is an opportunity for you to work with like-minded, talented engineers and advance your skills as an advanced Ruby on Rails developer.
As an ideal candidate, you are an experienced application developer who knows how to design and implement scalable, resilient, secure and responsive systems. You like to work with different technologies and are passionate about learning new things. You take pride in designing elegant, simple solutions to challenging problems, whether updating legacy systems or creating new micro-services. You can help to ensure we continue to evolve and keep our edge as a world¬-class development team building great products. You are looking to join a team where you can make a difference while also being challenged to improve your own skills. Beyond hands-on coding, you will be pushing the organization forward in regards to new infrastructure while supporting their design principles: extensibility, configuration, usability, openness, and scalability. This is an exciting opportunity for you to take your Ruby skills to the next level and work with talented, like-minded engineers at a company making a positive impact.
Required Skills & Experience
· 5+ years of Ruby on Rails development
· Bachelor’s degree or higher in Computer Science
· Experience with Docker, Postgres, Memcache, Redis, RedShift
· Experience with Java or Node.js
Desired Skills & Experience
· Knowledge of full development life cycle
· Experience with AWS platform and its many components
· Be independent and driven to improve your technical skills
· Experience creating RESTful API’s is a plus
Benefits & Perks
· Work at a company that is making a positive impact
· Top of the line benefits
· Flexible paid vacation time
· Highly competitive salary
· Stock options
· Company outings, and much more!