An Arlington-based technology company that you’ve probably heard of is seeking a Systems Engineer or Junior DevOps Engineer to support and maintain their home grown ingestion and video encoding systems.
The DevOps Engineer will maintain and support all production, staging, QA, and development environments; assist in architecture and design of highly available and scalable application infrastructure; automate existing build and deployment processes to the fullest extent; manage and document technical projects through SDLC; and support developer project needs (DevOps). Candidates with a background in either Linux or Windows will be considered. This is an excellent opportunity to work on a dynamic team and learn while working in a true DevOps environment.
Required Skills & Experience
· 1-5 years Windows or Linux Systems Administration in a Production environment
· Basic Database Administration skills: maintenance plans, backup strategies, performance tuning
· Experience administering / supporting IIS Webserver
· Basic Load balancing concepts
· Comfortable writing basic automation scripts (Powershell or Bash)
· Understanding of High Availability concepts
· Experience with hybrid physical and virtual environments
· Experience with Amazon Web Services (EC2/S3/ELB/EBS)or Azure / Rackspace Cloud is a plus
Benefits & Perks
· Full benefits
· Casual startup environment
· Small collaborative team
· Tech-focused company