DevOps Engineer (Linux)
A leading SAAS company is hiring for a DevOps engineer to join the team. You’ll need a good understanding of scripting with configuration management tools (Puppet/Chef), a general systems background with Linux and ideally strong Python development skills. You’ll join a team of 4 Python developers, so you need to be able to bridge the gap between systems/devops/development as there’s no one on the team that focuses on the IT side. This is an excellent opportunity to work on a team as an individual contributor and own the development operations process.
Required Skills & Experience
- Deployment on AWS.
- Linux systems administration (5+ years of experience)
- Python software development.
- Chef cookbook development.
- Puppet configuration management.
- Automated testing (frameworks, best practices, mock libraries, etc.).
- Collaboration with git/github (pull requests, rebasing, merging, etc.).
Desired Skills & Experience
- Ability to learn quickly and pick up new skills independently.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related field
- Strong time management skills
- Ability to work in collaboration with the rest of the team
Benefits & Perks
- Competitive base salary
- 401k with matching
- Office with a wide ocean view
- Competitive medical, dental, vision package
- Flexible, casual work environment