A Boston based cloud security startup company is looking for a Cloud Engineer to join their team of 3 who have a strong passion and knowledge in using big data technologies and like working in a startup environment. They are looking to bring on somebody full time to help contribute to the success of the company.
This position is looking for an individual with a strong Linux background specifically using Casandra, AWS or Elastic Search experience, and also can do scripting in primarily Chef, however also can use Ruby or Python.
This Boston based startup specializes in cloud security whose SaaS products uses big data technologies like Casandra, Spark, and Elastic Search to help automate security across any of their clients’ platforms. They are looking for an individual who has a strong passion for learning new technologies, working in a startup environment, and wanting to take their professional career to the next level.
Required Skills & Experience
· Hands on experience with release, deployment, and environment management
· Experience designing, deploying, extending and scaling monitoring & trending solutions (e.g. Graphite, Grafana, ELK, InfluxDB, OpenTSDB, Graylog, Nagios)
· Experience with application virtualization and containerization technologies (Docker, Kubernetes, Mesos, CoreOS/rkt)
· Hands-on experience with infrastructure as code tools and concepts (e.g. Salt/Puppet/Chef/Ansible)
· Experience with big data systems and distributed systems
· Working knowledge of advanced open source web, database, and OS server configuration (Linux, Nginx, Tomcat, MongoDB, ElasticSearch (ELK), ZooKeeper, Redis)
· Experience with cloud computing platforms and hybrid cloud environments (VMware vSphere, AWS EC2 and abstracted PaaS solution family)
Desired Skills & Experience
· Experience in application design and deployment with a high volume customer facing website
· Experience with large-scale Linux production environments, preferably as part of an online service provider environment
· Strong sense of ownership of projects and tasks assigned
· Strong interpersonal and communications skills
· Ability to solve problems quickly and automate processes
Benefits & Perks
· Flexible Work Schedule/ Work From Home options
· Full Health Benefits
· Unlimited vacation