Senior Java Developer at Digital Activism Agency
An exciting Senior Java Developer position has opened up at an international digital agency. They help mission-oriented non-profits, advocacy organizations, and brands scale and expand their digital campaigns. You will be working on service-oriented architecture to improve how these clients interact with their customers and supporters through marketing, fund raising, and social media. The goal is to help their clients best leverage their online presence to help promote human rights. The company’s headquarters are in SoHo, where you will have the freedom to work independently as well as the opportunity to collaborate in smaller groups on a number of different campaigns.
Candidates for this position must have extensive Java, Spring, and Amazon Web Services (AWS) experience (Python scripting experience is a plus.)
Required Skills & Experience
· 3+ years of software development experience with Java, Spring, and Amazon Web Services (AWS) (Python scripting is a plus)
· Object Oriented Programming (OOP) and modeling
· Restful APIs, JVM
· Computer Science Degree or equivalent (experience working in a client-facing or agency role is a plus).
· Opportunity to work with/learn new technologies: Scala, Clojure, Git, Storm, Elastic Search
· Must be local to New York City
Benefits & Perks
• Working for an international digital agency, centrally located in NYC, medical insurance & health savings account (HSA), 401(k), paid sick time leave, pre-tax commuter benefit.