Firmware Engineer â Connected Medical Devices
A medical device startup with nearly $40 million in total funding is looking to hire an experienced firmware engineer. The first product is in the final stages and will soon be working it’s way through the FDA approval process. There are currently two other products in the pipeline that will allow for new development until 2016. The first product has received a lot of buzz and positive press through CES, TechCrunch, etc.
People work here because they have a passion for disrupting healthcare and building a better consumer product for health and wellness. The culture is work hard – play hard. There are two regular weekly social events, free group lunches, and relaxation incentives such as onsite yoga.
In this role, you will be responsible for research, design, development, delivery, and lifecycle support of medical devices and related embedded software / firmware. You will have the opportunity to make a huge impact on design, architecture, and implementation of cutting edge products used by millions of people every day.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, or a related field
- 5+ years of experience in embedded software development
- Strong C programming skills
- Experience in a real time environemnt (RTOS)
- Experience with kernel level programing and writing device drivers
- Knowledge in serial interface protocols like SPI and I2C
- Familiarity with scripting languages like Python, Shell, Perl etc.
- Experience with TCP/IP stack and Bluetooth Low Energy (BLE) is a plus
- Experience with DSP, biometric sensors and algorithms is a plus
- Knowledge of FDA quality system and software requirements for design control is a plus
Medical, dental, vision