Embedded Software Engineer (Python & C)
A high profile alternative energy company is looking to grow their engineering team by adding a talented embedded software engineer. The company has been profitable for a while, wins numerous awards each year for innovation, and was recently named as one of the best places to work in the country.
You will be developing cutting-edge system software used to enable wide scale deployment of renewable energy consumption. You will be working in a small team of hardware and software engineers creating products used in data collection, energy monitoring, controls, wireless communication, and storage. You will have the opportunity to learn and work with some of the latest technologies in the space. A good chunk of the software you write will actually be done in Python on Embedded Linux. However, like all good embedded software engineers, being proficient in C and/or C++ will be important too.
Led by some of the most recognizable and trusted names in technology, you will be surrounded by people who are driven, passionate, and determined to change the world by providing a greener path for future generations.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Computer Science or a related field
- 2+ years of relevant professional work experience
- Experience with a dynamic programming language (Python strongly preferred), but will consider Perl, PHP, or Ruby
- Comfortable with C/C++
- Experience developing software for embedded and/or mobile applications with limited computing resources
- Experience with data transfer over TCP/IP, HTTP, RS232
- Experience with RS485, Modbus, and DNP3 is a plus
- Experience with WiFi, Zigbee, Z-Wave, etc. is a plus
Stock, 401(k), medical, dental, vision, competitive salaries and PTO