An MIT alumni founded stealth SaaS fintech startup with a healthy seed round, full sales pipeline and strong resources at its disposal is currently building out their development team with an ‘Engineer First’ approach towards building their company culture.
With 4-5 openings available, the company is offering strong salary + equity packages ($160,000 - $170,000 base with competitive early stage equity packages) in addition to fantastic benefits and many perks desired by talented engineers, thus their ‘Engineer First’ approach.
Engineers will be supporting and developing the platform that changes the way users (mostly financial investment professionals) find and analyze predictive data sets. You would be automating software deployment so businesses can quickly find high value data sets, test their relevancy and purchase data if it’s helpful. The product aims to seamlessly integrate big data into the research and decision processes regularly being made by financial services companies.
Currently, we are looking for DevOps engineers who love building things and have a history of doing so from scratch. In addition, you should obsess about working in a flat environment with absolutely no bureaucracy, rather pure focus on rapid scaling of a Greenfield product among a team of impressive engineers. Tech agnostic engineers are ideally the target.
Required Skills & Experience
· At least 5+ years of Linux Systems experience
· Strong scripting with Python or Ruby. Python preferred.
· Dangerous writing automation modules from scratch, not reliant on tools to be impressive. (Chef, Ansible, or Puppet)
· Strong AWS experience (S3, Route 53, RDS)
· Ability to integrate with existing server tasks.
· Ability to work autonomously and/or with a small team.
· Great attitude and hungry to just build!
Desired Skills & Experience
· Start-up experience a plus
· Financial services exposure (Hedge funds for example) a huge plus but not required
Benefits & Perks
· Strong equity package negotiated upon offer
· Top of class health, dental and vision benefits for employer at no cost. Dependents subsidized at competitive ratio.
· Liberal vacation packages
· Lunch and meal perks
· Additional perks to be negotiated at Engineers desire
· 100% ‘Engineer First’ approach!