Chief Software Architect / Devops
A unique business opportunity has presented itself to join and lead a team of Jr. Devops engineers. This person will need to have a unique and unlimited passion to design and build world class enterprise software products and enjoys working on some of the toughest software problems while growing as a senior technology professional. If you believe that enterprise software products must operate 24/7 without failure and can prototype and write code that embodies “failure is not an option” while directing and coordinating the work of others than this is the right place for you.
Required Skills & Experience
- Bachelor’s in Computer Science. MS highly preferred
- 8+ years or more experience developing enterprise software products; exposure to construction and architecture industry is helpful but not required.
- Deep problem solving and coding skills and a superb software craftsman, code that speaks for itself
- Ability to prototype the end-state architecture and develop a component model which can be later engineered by teams working in parallel
- Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to communicate with less experienced engineers or non-technical audience
- Experience developing instrumentation, remote monitoring, and user activity monitoring capabilities in software products that operate in the cloud as well as in customer’s environment
- Deep awareness and command of Agile softawre development lifecycle and continuous software delivery model where continuous integration and automated testing border on the extreme
- Experience with aspect oriented programming techniques
- Strong working knowledge and experience with SQL and at least one of the following: Oracle, DB2, MySQL: tuning and performance optimization is a must
- Equally strong knowledge of open source technologies like linux, apache, MySQL
- Experience working in a software development organization with a significant degree of automation: continuous integration, unit testing, load/performance testing, build-to-build verification testing
Benefits & Perks
Full Benefits. Dental, Medical, Vision. 401k.