Mid-level Python Developer (Full-time)
A booming digital product start-up company is looking to add a mid-level Python developer to their small team in the heart of downtown San Francisco. This company provides engineering services, innovation workshops, and accelerator assets to hundreds of companies worldwide, from the newest startups to the largest Fortune 500 companies. You will be building out new products from initial inception to final release, and taking incremental steps in pushing the future product forward. The ideal candidate will be innovative, tactical, hard-working, and take professionalism seriously (but also know how to have fun).
You’ll be working with a small group of highly talented and driven Software Engineers who strive to make new technologies that positively impact the world around them. Teamwork and collaboration are heavily emphasized in this role, and you will have the power to influence the company direction on a large scale. As far as tech stack, you will be utilizing Python and Django on the backend, RESTful APIs, and modern frontend frameworks such as Bootstrap, Angular, and Backbone. This is a unique opportunity to expand your skills as a full-stack developer, work with a tight-knit group of like-minded engineers, and get in on the ground floor of an influential company that is changing the way people interface with products.
Required Skills & Experience
- University degree in Computer Science or related engineering field
- At least 2 years experience with Django or similar web framework
- Experience building out RESTful APIs for front-end clients to consume
- Knowledge of front-end frameworks (Bootstrap, Angular, Backbone)
Desired Skills & Experience
- Strong desire to learn about new technologies and systems
- Familiarity with modern DevOps tools such as Ansible, Fabric, etc.
- Experince working in an agile environment and using agile tools
- You’ve built something cool on your own, because you enjoy doing what you do
Benefits & Perks
- Work on a collaborative and innovative team with a powerful mission
- Competitivie salary, plus quarterly bonus, plus annual bonus
- 401K plan, meaningful equity, and commuter benefits
- Generous reimbursement plan for public transportation, mobile service, and education
- A fun work environment and smart team/interesting clients to work with