Machine Learning Software Engineer
Are you passionate about what the future of machine learning can bring? Do you want to join a well-funded startup with some of the leading minds in the field? Do you want to work with a small close knit team comprised of engineers from companies like Google, Amazon, and LinkedIn? Do you want to have a huge impact on the product? If so, then this startup in the heart of Palo Alto is the place for you.
You will play a critical role in building the world's first mainstream solution to machine learning powered by an autonomous distributed system that infers statistical models from web-scale data. The system follows fundamental statistical principles under strict computational constraints while rigorously evaluating and benchmarking itself on a large, diverse collection of real-world data sets and applications. Building this type of mainstream platform requires close coordination among several research and engineering disciplines, each with crucial responsibilities.
You will help design and implement the wide array of distributed systems and services. You will help design novel data structures, algorithms, and help architect and build various subsystems, including those for streaming data processing, storage, and analytics
Required Skills & Experience
- BS in CS, EE, or related field.
- Exceptional coding and software engineering skills.
- Solid fundamentals in probability, statistics & linear algebra.
- Proficiency with at least one compiled language (e.g. C, C++, Go, etc) and one scripting language (e.g. Python, Ruby, etc).
- Excellent written & verbal communication and collaboration skills.
Desired Skills & Experience
- Experience with NoSQL, streaming frameworks, time-series DBs, ELK stack.
- Experience developing optimization or machine learning algorithms.
- Experience with high-performance computing.
Benefits & Perks
- Competitive salaries
- Medical benefits
- Earlier stage equity