Linux Systems Engineer (W2 Only)
Our client is an innovative software start-up located in Irvine, CA is currently hiring a Linux Systems Engineer. Their technology provides consumer and retail companies across a variety of industries with the most useful and precise data on when and where to sell their products. Their web crawling engine is built with the latest technologies and the newest cutting-edge software tools. With a strong focus on cutting edge technology development and a high traffic website, the ideal candidate will demonstrate a solid understanding of Linux/Unix Server administration experience with CentOS, Red Hat, and Ubuntu. If you are open to learning new technologies and want to implement high availability cluster technologies, then you would be a great fit for this position. It offers competitive compensation and the opportunity to work for an exciting start-up backed by a well-known software development company.
Required Skills & Experience
- 4 + years working Linux/Unix Server administration experience (CentOS, Red Hat, Ubuntu)
- 4+ years Working experience with Windows platform
- Solid experience with multi-server deployments in business critical data center environment
- Hyper-V Experience
- Be able to participate in a rotating on-call schedule.
- Extensive experience working with Red Hat Enterprise Linux and Ubuntu.
- Understanding of SQL database servers such as MongoDB and PostgreSQL.
- Familiar with implementing High Availability cluster technology.
- Working knowledge of Shell scripting.
Desired Skills & Experience
- Participate in Configuration Management program.
- Experience with MongoDB installation, configuration and ongoing management.
- Experience with Elastic Search installation, configuration and ongoing management.
- Experience with NODE Server installation, configuration, securing and ongoing management.
- Effective communication skills and the ability to interact professionally with a diverse group of clients and staff.
- Demonstrated success with administrative and organizational skills.
- Ability to manage time with regards to completing projects.
- Ability to work productively in teams; experience prioritizing tasks.
Benefits & Perks
- Learn and develop systems engineering skills
- Become a mentor to junior developers and get a leadership experience
- 401K, health, dental insurance
- Opportunity to work for an amazing software company with room for growth.