Mid-level DevOps Engineer (cloud, work-life balance)
Leading mobile payment platform in the food and beverage industry is looking for a mid-level DevOps Engineer for the San Francisco based infrastructure team. This DevOps Engineer will work with the team to complete the migration from baremetal to AWS. You will be responsible for preparing the AWS infrastructure for production by dealing with scaling issues and fixing bugs. You will also help with PCI compliance, and there is a lot of automation work to be done too.
This is one of those rare opportunities where the work is exciting, but you aren’t working 70+ hours to do it. Getting onto the cloud is seen by management as the primary driver of growth for the company in 2017 and you will be directly responsible for making this happen. The culture is casual and friendly with great communication. The work schedule is flexible and two days are work from home.
Required Skills & Experience
- Cloud technology (AWS, Google Compute Cloud, Openstack, ect.)
- Need configuration management experience (Ansible, Chef)
- Working scripting knowledge (Ruby, Python, or Bash)
- Experience working in a PCI compliant environment
Desired Skills & Experience
- Monitoring and logging experience (ELK, Nagios, etc.)
- Familiarity with supporting baremetal environments
Benefits & Perks
- Work from home two days a week
- 401k plan
- Solid health, dental, and vision plan
- Three weeks PTO first year and increases to four over time