Machine Learning Infrastructure Engineer
Are you passionate about what the future of machine learning can bring? Do you want to join a well-funded startup with some of the leading minds in the field? Do you want to work with a small close knit team comprised of engineers from companies like Google, Amazon, and LinkedIn? Do you want to have a huge impact on the product? If so, then this startup in the heart of Palo Alto is the place for you.
You will play a critical role in building the world's first mainstream solution to machine learning powered by an autonomous distributed system that infers statistical models from web-scale data. The system follows fundamental statistical principles under strict computational constraints while rigorously evaluating and benchmarking itself on a large, diverse collection of real-world data sets and applications. Building this type of mainstream platform requires close coordination among several research and engineering disciplines, each with crucial responsibilities.
You will work closely with all other engineering teams to design and execute the tools and procedures necessary to coordinate and streamline operations in all of these environments, including release processes, performance and availability measurement and monitoring systems, and incident alerting, response and rotation procedures.
Required Skills & Experience
- BS in CS/EE or a related field.
- Proficiency with at least one compiled language (e.g. C, C++, Go, etc) and one scripting language (e.g. Python, Ruby, etc).
- Extensive experience in operations in a distributed environment or cloud platform.
- Excellent written & verbal communication and collaboration skills.
Desired Skills & Experience
- Experience with networking and security (e.g. authentication) protocols, algorithms, software or tools.
Benefits & Perks
- Competitive salaries
- Medical benefits
- Earlier stage equity