Senior DevOps Engineer
Our client a Series C start-up located in SOMA with over 50 million in total funding is looking to hire a Senior DevOps Engineer to help manage and maintain the company’s production infrastructure. This start-up not only builds its own Open Source technology, but it also build a real time analytics platform. This Senior DevOps Engineer should have at least 3 years of professional experience in a Senior DevOps or Senior Systems Engineer role supporting a production infrastructure at scale. This start-up also is one of Amazon’s top 25 customers so this Senior DevOps Engineer should have extensive experience supporting and scaling an AWS cloud infrastructure. The company currently operates at close to over 3000 instances of AWS. This Senior DevOps Engineer will join a team responsible for putting in place a one click deployments process for spinning up environments and deploying code into production.
Required Skills & Experience
- 3+ years of professional experience in a Senior DevOps or Systems Engineering role.
- Strong Linux Systems engineering experience.
- Must have experience wokring at AWS at scale (ideally 1000 plus instances).
- Experience administering and deploying Java based applications.
- Experoence supporting large scale systems (billions of daily events).
- Strong infrastrucutre automation experience and ability to script in Bash, Python or Ruby.
- Chef, Ansible, or Salt experience.
- Prior experience setting up a one click deployment process.
- Ability to set up a robust monitroing/alerting system with Nagios, DataDog, Prometheus, New Relic, etc.
Desired Skills & Experience
- Experience with Docker, Kubernetes, Marathon, Mesos, etc.
- Experience with Kafka or Cassandra
- Worked at scale
Benefits & Perks
- Competitve base
- 100% of health benefits paid for
- Free lunch and snacks
- WFH Wednesdays