QA Automation Engineer
An industry leading company here in Orange County is looking to bring on a junior-mid level QA Automation Engineer to join their team. This candidate will be responsible for, but not limited to, writing scripts and deploying test cases for UI automation, as well as database testing and web services.
The ideal candidate will have experience in software quality assurance, preferably in a C# environment. Automation skills developing and deploying test cases as well as writing scripts in Selenium are desirable. Some manual experience is necessary as well, especially with database validations. This is a great opportunity for an individual who is looking to grow in their career path!
Required Skills & Experience
- 2+ years’ experience in software quality assurance
- 1+ years’ experience in automation writing and deploying scripts in Java, C#, Python, etc.
- Ability to generate own test plans and test cases
- UI automation experience using tools like Selenium, Coded UI, or QTP
- Java unit testing experience using JUnit
- Ability to test web services with Soap UI or Postman
- Understanding of RESTful web service architecture
- Understanding of the database layer and ability to write SQL queries
- Experience in an agile environment
- Solid organizational skills
- Experience working with bug tracking tools (Jira)
- Excellent communication and teamwork
Desired Skills & Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in a technical field
- 2+ years’ experience as a software developer utilizing object-oriented programming languages
- Automated load balance and performance testing
- Understanding of multiple databases including MySQL, Oracle, Cassandra, Mongo, etc.
- Virtualization experience
- Continuous integration with tools like Jenkins
- Shell scripting
Benefits & Perks
- Competitive compensation