Senior Technical Architect
Do you can quickly determine why a piece of software isn’t performing, scaling or integrating with other software platforms? Do you can succinctly explain a solution to a person removed from DTD tech? Have you successfully moved a team into the modern era thriving off Agile Process, Test Driven Work, and effective development strategy? Apply for this Chicago based Senior Technology Software Solutions Architect / Lead Job today. This would be a full-time job working for a private equity / venture capital facing wing of the premier Chicago based Technology Solutions / Consulting shop.
This job involves doing assessment of an existing software / application/ technology environment in environments ranging from FORTUNE 1000 to growth stage tech company. You will be looking at everything from Enterprise SOA platforms, to ECOMMERCE, CRM, ERP, B2B, B2C. You will also be working to identify an overall strategy for improving performance, scalability, ease of adding new features, security, and integration. You will also have the chance to look at the whole business of coding for a client from how they write code, how they test code, how the deploy code, how the product team is structured and come up with suggestions on (AGILE, SOLID, CI, TDD, CLOUD) process improvement. Even then you may have the opportunity to Architect Design Develop and Deploy the suggestions you came up with for the company. The most important tech stack to have experience with is C# VISUAL STUDIO SQL SERVER ASP.NET but you could potentially be asked to look at the functioning and performance of software applications written in a variety of different tech stacks. This is a permanent salaried position.
Required Skills & Experience
· 5+ years of career experience as a Software Developer, Engineer, Architect, Lead, or Hands on Software Leader (Manager, Director, VP / CPE)
· Ability to interface with C Level Execs, Investors and present a case for an Architecture Decision
· High level understanding of modern era performance, scalability, and integration considerations of Software applications
· Ability to do a nuts and bolts assessment of software code, APIs, database schema, Webservices architecture
· Experience as a software developer / engineer with C# , JAVA, or other Enterprise Class Software Platforms
· Modern era understanding of accepted best practices for software development in a Cloud world (AGILE, Test Driven Development, Continuous Integration, Deployment to CLOUD ( Private Cloud, AWS, AZURE)
· Willingness to travel outside of Chicago on average 25% up to 40% percent.
· B.S. degree and or Related Experience
· Previous Consulting Experience is a plus
· Previous Experience doing Due Diligence Work in a Software Architecture and Strategic Capacity is a Nice to have
· Salary Depending on Experience 130- 180 k base salary
· Bonus structure 10-15%, Stock Options
· Travel Reimbursement and Bonus
· 401k Match
· 5 weeks PTO
· Paid Training
· A company committed to Employee Development