Senior DevOps Engineer/Site Reliability Engineer (AWS, Terraform, Docker) (W2 only, Remote possible)
One of the largest credit check company’s in the world is looking for a very strong DevOps/Site Reliability Engineer for a year and half long contract to hire position and can pay an hourly rate between $70-90 an hour. The ideal candidate is a deep technologist with proven track record detecting, demonstrating, and mitigating cyber threats in complex multi-platform environments. As a Site Reliability Engineer on our team, you will be primarily responsible for Developing processes and procedures to ensure service availability and repair any service-impacting issues with the objective being to create consistency in our services and proactively address issues before they affect performance or availability. The ideal candidate will have strong experience with AWS, Terraform, Docker or Kubernetes, Puppet or Ansible, and a strong scripting background.
Required Skills & Experience
- Experience with AWS, Terraform, Docker, Kubernetes, Puppet, and Ansible.
- Responsible for fire prevention through visibility into system, automation, and resiliency initiatives
- Demonstrating strong focus on tactical operations, as well as large-scale production.
- Influencing feature designs, architecture, standards & processes to ensure Security.
- Triaging problems and suggesting solutions at the code and infrastructure level, be able to understand current problem areas and remove manual execution of repetitive tasks through automation using scripting or other programming languages.
- Identifying gaps in current technology or processes and recommending improvements.
- Influencing team culture to be automation focused.
- Collaborating at depth with peers in across the organization.
- Develop a deep understanding of the various services and applications that come together to deliver EMS products
- Design new tools and smart alerts that help discover failures/issues in a timely fashion and work with engineers to identify root cause and mitigating factors
- Enable service reliability and availability supported by metrics and measurements
- Enable scaling by providing tools, and developing training by augmenting processes
- Build and drive the automation systems that maintain system health
- Drive improvements in all aspects of service delivery, including change management, continuous delivery, security, monitoring, and reliability
- Work closely with engineering, project management, operational, and engineering peers to develop innovative technical tools and solutions
Desired Skills & Experience
- BS/BA Degree in Computer Science or equivalent industry experience (3-5 years in an Enterprise scale internet service engineering or support role)
- Strong understanding of monitoring implementations and administration
- Strong communication skills (Written and Oral)
- Working knowledge of industry standard tools and systems related to environment automation and monitoring
- Demonstrated expertise in web services, virtualization, cloud concepts, REST, JSON, YAML, XML, SQL, PHP, LDAP, & object oriented methodologies.
- Coding experience in languages such as C# / Java / Python / Perl
- Experience with micro services
- Deep hands-on technical expertise in large scale systems engineering and complex distributed systems architectures.
- Strong analytical and troubleshooting capabilities.
- Ability to manage multiple priorities, commitments & projects.
Benefits & Perks
As a contractor you will receive the following benefits:
- Medical Insurance & Health Savings Account (HSA)
- Paid Sick Time Leave
- Pre-tax Commuter Benefit