Software Engineer - Web
Backed by Sequoia Capital, Madrone Partners and Jackson Square Ventures, an expanding athletic community platform is growing quickly and needs ambitious Software Engineer to help ramp up production. This company is composed of dedicated, fun-loving individuals who are on a mission to build the most engaged community of athletes in the world. Millions of athletes are already on board, with thousands more joining every day. The community you’re joining is passionate, committed to their athletes, each other, their business, and the deeply held belief that there’s always time for a run, ride, coffee, or all three. As a web engineer on the team, this person will be bringing new and creative solutions to the advancement of the product and will engage in the full development life cycle.
You will be focused on deeper activity analysis to improved social features, there is much more that they want to build and so much more that they could improve – and you’ll play a key role. You will help evolve the core technology and architecture which enables our applications to continue to scale to support our rapidly growing user base. The day-to-day will also consist of working to build out their API in support of the primary mobile applications and third-party consumers. Some projects you might be working on include detecting and comparing a runner’s common loops, improving performance of the web activity feed, streamlining registration and profile creation, or bringing a club’s heat map to life.
Required Skills & Experience
- 3+ years of professional experience in web development
- Strong knowledge of Ruby on Rails and relational databses
- Demonstrated design and UX sensibilities
- Disciplined approach to testing and quality assurance
- BS or MS in Computer Science or equivalent work experience
Desired Skills & Experience
- Exposure to architectural patterns of a large, high-scale web application
- Ruby on Rails in production environments
Benefits & Perks
- Great culture and team camaraderie
- Flexible paid vacation time
- 401K benefits, competitive salary & equity package
- Team outings, and frequent happy hours!