Senior PHP Software Engineer
An early-stage and quickly growing tech startup is looking to hire an experienced PHP developer to build out new features for their flagship product. The company is an automated online brand protection platform, using robust technology to protect brands and intellectual property against counterfeit products around the world. Despite their new Segway into the tech space, they have a team of proven entrepreneurs, developers, and engineers. If you're looking to be part of the next big disrupter in the legal space, this position may be for you. You’ll be working on the full core infrastructure that holds up the entire application, as well as bringing new and creative solutions to the advancement of the product.
This persons responsibilities will include managing back-end services and the interchange of data between the server and the users, and the development of server-side logic, definition and maintenance of the central database, and ensuring high performance and responsiveness to requests from the front-end. As a core developer, you will take an integral role on the team and be responsible for developing code, integration testing, while collaborating on architecture and design. In addition to building efficient, testable, and reusable back-end modules, you will be responsible for developing and integrating new user-facing features. On the backend stack, you will be heavily focused on PHP with Laravel, running on MySQL database. Beyond hands-on coding, this person will be pushing the organization forward in regards to new infrastructure while supporting their design principles: extensibility, configuration, usability, openness, and scalability.
Required Skills & Experience
- Knowledge of MySQL, Postgres, DynamoDB, etc.
- Experience in PHP required, Node.js/Java/C/C++ is a plus
- 5+ years experience with PHP
- BS or MS in CS, or equivalent work experience
Desired Skills & Experience
- Experince with distributed systems is a huge plus!
- Ability to comfortably program in a Unix envirpnment
- Strong problem-solving skills in all web development
- Critical thinking
Benefits & Perks
- Work at a cutting-edge company with futuristic visions
- Full benefits, yearly bonus, highly competitive salary
- Flexible paid vacation time
- Unlimited growth opportunity, company outings, and much more!