Senior DevOps Engineer
A private startup with no venture capital funding in San Francisco is looking for a Senior DevOps Engineer with a proven track record of supporting/maintaining a production operations infrastructure. This start-up has been around over 10 years and is profitable. The company recently started introducing Hashicorp’s products (Terraform, Vagrant, etc.) and are focused on running those as efficiently as possible. The ideal candidate has been responsible for troubleshooting production issues as well as automating as much as possible so those issues don’t reoccur. This Senior DevOps Engineer needs to be a good communicator because this company is big on collaboration and it’s a requirement to share your ideas and opinions.
Required Skills & Experience
- 10+ years of professional linux/UNIX administration experience.
- 3+ years of experience is a DevOps focused role.
- Needs to have PostgreSQL or MySQL database experience.
- Experience working in an AWS cloud environment.
- Strong understanding of continuous integration and deployment.
- Experience with configuration management tools like Chef, Ansible or Salt.
- Experience setting up sophisticated monitoring with technologies like Nagios, Graphite, Prometheus, New Relic, etc.
- Strong debugging and troubleshooting skills.
- Passionate about Open Source and/or contributing to the Open Source community.
Desired Skills & Experience
- Hashicorp technologies like Terraform, Vagrant, Packer, Vault, Consul, etc.
- Docker, Kubernetes, Mesos, etc. (Currently run in production).
- B.S in Computer Science or equivalent.
Benefits & Perks
- Medical, dental, vision, life insuracne, and long term disability benefits.
- 401 (k) plan
- 15% bonus
- Work from home on Mondays and Fridays
- Work/life balance with 10am-5pm hours
- Equity in the company
- The choice of any laptop, or monitor of your choice! Company cell phone and credit card