Senior Chef DevOps Engineer
Our client, a large retail company located in Downtown SF is looking for a Senior Chef DevOps Engineer to add to their Infrastructure Automation team. This Senior Chef DevOps Engineer should have minimally 10+ years of professional experience systems level experience and 3-5 years focused in an Infrastructure Automation position. They need this Senior Chef DevOps Engineer to bring expertise on Infrastructure, scalability, automation and performance. This Senior Chef DevOps Engineer will have strong experience with Chef and love automating as much as they can. They should be able to write Chef cookbooks and recipes and should be strong in Ruby.
- 10+ years experience in Infrastructure Operations for a high traffic or ecommerce website.
- 3-5 years of experience in a DevOps or infrastructure automation.
- Strong Linux Systems Adminitration skillset.
- Experience with Private or Public Clouds such as (VMware, KVM, OpenStack, Amazon, Google Compute Engine, etc.).
- Strong scripting skills in Bash or Ruby (major brownie point for Ruby).
- 3+ years experience in Chef; writing Chef recipes and cookbooks.
- Good understanding of Continuous Integration like Jenkins, Gradle, and Maven.
- Familiarity with monitoring tools like Nagios or Splunk.
Desired Skills & Experience
- Prior enterpise level experience
- Experience with Docker
- Learn and develop new programming skills
- Become a mentor to junior developers and get a leadership experience
- 401K, health, dental insurance
- Stock option and annual bonuses
- Free coffee and snacks
- Gym membership discount
- Great office in Downtown, 360 city view