Embedded Software Engineer - Contract
As a Senior Software Engineer, you will be working on all layers of the embedded system in order to impact a product that is globally dependent on for their power. This company is headquartered in Chicago and is relied upon to design and manufacture a reliable equipment for the electric and power industry. Teams are made up of forward thinking, determined individuals working in an agile environment. These products are critical and must work in real-time to ensure customer satisfaction.
Required Skills & Experience
· Experience using Yocto in Linux Environment
· Strong experience working in Ubunto build environments
· 3+ years of experience in the design and development of real-time embedded software
· Ability to explore new technologies and guiding your team to implement these technologies when necesarry or beneficial.
· Experience interfacing with Software and Hardware
· Knowledge of the Linux Architecture pertaining to embedded real-time applications through all layers of the system (Application to Hardware Drivers).
· Hands on experience designing, coding, testing, verifying, validating, and supporting of Linux based RTOS solutions
· Bachelors in EE, CE or CS *REQUIRED*/ MS in EE is a big plus!
· Understanding of ARM processors and FPGA based hardware peripherals
Benefits & Perks
As a contractor you will receive the following benefits:
· Medical Insurance & Health Savings Account (HSA)
· Paid Sick Time Leave
· Pre-tax Commuter Benefit