Lead Platform Engineer - Contract to Hire
A well-established Platform as a Service (PAAS) company specializing in big data management is looking for a talented individual to help them build a reliable analytics platform based on big data technology like Spark while also implementing algorithms for solving data management problems. They are looking for a motivated problem solver that is excited by improving platform performance and scaling to production.
As a leader in big data management and analytics, this company will give the employees opportunities to see their work and expertise showcased in smartphones, self-driving cars, and virtual reality. Along with these new exciting technologies you will be able to flex your technical muscle by using Hadoop, MapReduce, and NoSQL Databases like Cassandra. Founded in 2011 with a serious foothold in the market, they are looking for somebody that wants to grow with the company as they grow as well in this contract to hire position.
Required Skills & Experience
- BS/MS in computer science or equivalent
- 10+ years building large-scale enterprise systems
- Mastery in Java or Scala
- Experience in object-oriented design, algorithm design, and data structures
- Experience with Hadoop and other big data technologies
Desired Skills & Experience
- NoSQL Databases- Cassandra, MongoDB
- Performance and Profiling techniques of complex systems
- Excellent communication skills
Benefits & Perks
This company offers many perks such as catered lunches, a flexible work schedule, and on-site amenities (gym/entertainment).
As a contractor you will receive the following benefits:
- Medical Insurance & Health Savings Account (HSA)
- Paid Sick Time Leave
- Pre-tax Commuter Benefit