TFS DevOps Engineer (contract)
A Chicago area University with over 50,000 students located in the Northwest suburbs of Chicago has an open job for a TFS DevOps Engineer with strong Windows experience. This company provides a higher-education platform for on-site, online and hybrid learning programs for students all over the country. They have over 2000 employees and have thousands of different sites that support the university. The newest Lead Systems Engineer will mentor three on-site and three off-site systems administrators through automating, configuring, monitoring and troubleshooting their Windows based infrastructure. They drive revenue through an eCommerce platform running on hundreds of Windows servers that need your support! You will also be the connection between multiple development teams to further automate deployments. Proven leadership experience will help you be successful in this role while you build, support and automate this infrastructure.
· 5+ years’ experience supporting a Windows virtual infrastructure running on VMware
· Experience in supporting SQL databases
· Expertise in Powershell scripting and troubleshooting
· Experience with server monitoring
· Experience with load balancing
· Experience with Continuous Integrations, Team Foundation Server is a must have!
· Experience in Leading a team, seeing projects through and delegation
Please note that these skills are not all “must-haves” but you must be willing and eager to learn them!
Benefits & Perks
As a contractor you will receive the following benefits:
· Medical Insurance & Health Savings Account (HSA)
· Paid Sick Time Leave
· Pre-tax Commuter Benefit