SecOps Engineer (Responsible for security on DevOps team)
A top software product company in San Francisco is hiring a Senior Linux Systems Engineer with security experience to help with the transition to a DevOps culture. The newest engineer will help to automate the continuous integration environment. The ideal candidate will understand the ins and outs of Linux and have a deep understanding of systems administration. You will be involved in the decision making process on what tools to use and how to implement a DevOps environment from scratch.
This team is working on a modern tech stack and constantly assessing new tools and technologies to implement. Currently using Python to automate everything and deploying applications and services to chef-configured Ubuntu servers. The AWS ecosystem is massive and the team is in the middle of migrating everything from baremetal ESXi VMware to AWS.
PS: Security: it's not a matter of 'if' it's a matter of 'when'. This team is taking their security to the next level and are looking for engineers who either have a passion for information security or are looking to get more into it. Everything from vulnerability management, SIEM tools, Kali Linux, Pen testing, securing the SDLC, and ethical hacking would be a plus.
Required Skills & Experience
- 3+ years of Linux systems administration
- Experience using Chef or a similar configuration management tool
- Experience with continuous deployment and continuous release
- Jenkins, Circle CI or a similar CI tool
- Infrastructure as Code experience
- Passion for security!
Desired Skills & Experience
- Kali Linux
- Information Security experience
Benefits & Perks
As a contractor you will receive the following benefits:
- Medical Insurance & Health Savings Account (HSA)
- Paid Sick Time Leave
- Pre-tax Commuter Benefit
- 6 month contract working 40 hours over 5 days a week