Site Reliability Engineer (Contact to Hire)
A Mountain View based TV-streaming company is looking for a Systems/Network Engineer (contractor) to take on various responsibilities. The engineer will maintain and implement all network systems and devices (servers, switches, and routers) on a daily basis. You will be responsible for the design and growth of both the local and wide area networks. You will also act as a consultant on various client oriented projects, coordinating with vendors to advise what new products and services to use. Depending on performance, the position would ultimately turn permanent.
Required Skills & Experience
- 5+ years of experience as a Systems or Site Reliability Engineer required
- Must have hands on expert experience with AWS including deployment of EC2, S3, ELB, RDS, Redshit, etc.
- Must have strong hands on experience working with virtualized servers (preferably VMWare)
- Must have abiltiy to code in any language (Python preferred)
Desired Skills & Experience
- Big Plusses: NoSQL database support
Benefits & Perks
As a contractor you will receive the following benefits:
- Medical Insurance & Health Savings Account (HSA)
- Paid Sick Time Leave
- Pre-tax Commuter Benefits