C/ C++ Embedded Linux IoT Engineer - Contract
Our client’s vision is beyond a connected home, rather a smarter home where technology is your friend and not an obstacle. Their team is working on the next generation distributed platforms for the connected home ecosystem; they solve real life problems and bring improvements to the masses.
Their products and technologies are touched by more than 200 million people every week. They have designed & developed an extraordinary number of products for the connected home, backed by a complete ecosystem of data driven embedded software solutions & cloud services for connected devices from leading brands in mobile, gaming and consumer electronics segments.
As a member of this multi-disciplinary team you will be involved in every aspect of next generation data-driven products. This will require a deep understanding of the company’s core technologies as well as technology trends in embedded systems and consumer electronics. You will always be faced with a new puzzle to solve with current or new technologies with a single goal in mind, an unmatched user experience for their products.
No corp to corp.
Required Skills & Experience
- BS in computer science or a related field with 5+ years of professional work experience
- Energetic and a natural innovator
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Strong programming skills in C/C++/Java
- Strong with design, coding, testing, debugging, integration and documentation
- Expert knowledge and experience of multi-threaded coding techniques
- Experience and knowledge with Agile development methodologies and software development life cycle
Desired Skills & Experience
- Experience and knowledge with IP networking and IoT devices a strong plus
- Experience and knowledge with Ruby a plus
- Experience with Embedded Linux and Android - experience with Windows and iOS a plus
- Experience with embedded systems; experience with TV, STB, Game and mobile platforms a plus
Benefits & Perks
As a contractor you will receive the following benefits:
- Medical Insurance & Health Savings Account (HSA)
- Paid Sick Time Leave
- Pre-tax Commuter Benefit
- Competitive Salaries
- Flexible Hours