A Silicon Valley startup backed by world-renowned investors is looking for talented optical engineers to join their growing team. The company develops advanced vision hardware, software and algorithms that act as the eyes and visual cortex of autonomous driving cars.Since their demonstration of the first solid state LiDAR scanner, the company has pioneered major breakthroughs in intelligent perception technology. With compressive sensing algorithms and deep learning software they have enabled the safest and most reliable full system solution for autonomous vehicles.
Currently, they are looking for an optical engineer who would be responsible in the design of multi-element lenses, imaging, and afocal. This person would also be hands-on in laboratory analysis of optical systems, athermal and achromatic lens design, and model propagation of coherent light from single mode fibers.
Required Skills & Experience
- MS in Optical Engineering or related field.
- Minimum of 5 years industry experience or equivalent skill level in laser systems.
- Experience with schematic entry, BOM generation, and PCBA build an debug (Mentor Pads most useful).
- Proficiency with at least one of the following optical design packages:
- Zemas, Code V, FRED, or ASAP.
- Excellent communication, presentation & collaboration skills.
- Experience with molded optics (glass and plastic).
- Experience with stray light analysis.
- Experience with laser beam characterization tools.
Desired Skills & Experience
- Experience in a fast-paced and demanding startup is a plus.
Benefits & Perks
Competitive salary, health, dental, vision, and stock options.