A small startup in San Mateo is looking for a Data Engineer to help their team with their research software and services. The role has a negotiable salary of up to $160,000.
As a member of the team you will be working with some of the most qualified people in the Bay Area coming out of some of the best Universities in the world and Tech companies in the Silicon Valley. Help them work on one of the most cutting edge research tools that is already being implemented at some of the top schools in the United States. Use your knowledge of Big Data and Data Science in order to help compile data and streamline it into a platform that not only will be used for education, but also after gaining critical mass this startup will try to expand to finance and other verticals.
Required Skills & Experience
- 5+ years of industry experience building large distributed systems
- BS or MS in Computer Science or other Related Field
- 3+ years experience with Big Data
Desired Skills & Experience
- Knowledge of Databases both Relational and Non-Relational
- Knowledge of Machine Learning Algorithms
- Experience with Hadoop Ecosystems
- Excellent problem solving skills, communicator, and team player
- Development with AWS
Benefits & Perks
- Off-Site Activities