Security Systems Engineer
An Information Security Engineer is needed at a highly ranked and known university in Chicago. Candidates for this role should have knowledge of security systems specifically threat analysis, risk reports and analysis of intrusion detection systems (IDS). This position will be working on comprehensive team which would allow you to give and gain mentorship while completing meaningful work.
Operating on the threat management team there are countless interesting projects that will keep you stimulated and interested. In addition to that, this role will require the identification and response of internal and external sources of attacks surrounding network intrusion detection (NIDS) monitoring, malware controls, vulnerability assessments, incident response, and forensics.
Required Skills & Experience
· Communication skills – both written and verbal
· Experience with Intrusion Detection Systems (IDS) and Intrusion Protection Systems (IPS)
· Data Loss Prevention
· Disaster Recovery
· Scripting or coding experience (Python is preferred) Penetration testing, Kali Linux, Certified Ethical Hacking, etc.
Desired Skills & Experience
· CISSP, CISM, CISA
· Threat Analysis, Malware and Trojans
· Experience with Unix/Linux
· Firewalls, Web Proxies
Benefits & Perks
As a contractor you will receive the following benefits:
· Medical Insurance & Health Savings Account (HSA)
· Paid Sick Time Leave
· Pre-tax Commuter Benefit