Scala/Big Data Developer
An international eCommerce giant is looking to hire a Scala/Big Data Developer. This company is looking to build a NYC team focusing exclusively on a new personalized search platform. They are seeking Scala Developers to build their platform from the ground up.
The new platform will be an integral part of the company’s push to be on the cutting edge, technologically. The team is already the second highest performing in the whole company, and with the addition of this Scala-based platform, they're making big moves in 2017.
- BS/MS in Computer Science or related field
- 3+ years’ experience with Java
- Professional experience with Scala or other functional programming tools
- Exposure to well-known frameworks (Akka, Play, SBT)
- Understanding of big data technologies
- Experience with web services API technologies
- Experience working with NoSQL data storage solutions
- Experience with microservices
You will have the opportunity to work with engineers and innovators in the industry leading eCommerce company located here in NYC. As a member of the team you will receive generous healthcare coverage, 401(K) with company match, ample paid vacation, wellness allowance, profit sharing, and more.