Are you the type of person whose professional life consists of always trying to learn new skills? Is genomic data something that fascinates and intrigues you? One of Chicago’s most prestigious non-profit organization is looking for a Python developer to work in a Linux-orientated, cloud/big data hosted environment.
The position could be set up as fulltime or contract to hire. The ideal candidate is someone with a Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in a hard science (Physics, Biology, Chemistry, Computer Science), skilled coding with Python/Flask, and comfortable in a Linux-based, data centric (Multiple Petabytes) environment. If you want to help make a difference, send me your resume.
Required Skills & Experience
· 3 years (flexible) of Python Development
· Comfortable in a Linux environment
· Experience working with AWS, Azure, or Big Query
· Experience with Genomic data or biological sciences is ideal but not required
· The Flask framework is preferred but Django, Pyramid, or Tornado will do the trick
· Golang experience is a huge plus
Benefits & Perks
401k +6% match, 4 weeks PTO + 2 weeks of sick days, 10%-20% Annual Bonus, BCBS PPO Healthcare partially covered by us, Free Vision and Dental.
Casual start up environment, investment in technology and continued learning (Access to Chicago development conferences, Safari Books Online, dual 27” monitors, tuition reimbursement).
Relocating from larger city: We can and will match your salary