A prestigious consulting firm (with the personality of a start-up) is seeking “the best of the best” Security Consultants to work on the front lines delivering security solutions to clients. We’re targeting consultants who have the ability to lead technical projects focused on application security. This role will entail assessing current security strategies, making recommendations and architecting new security strategies. You’ll be partnering directly with clients and software developers to identify weaknesses and provide guidance on secure coding and industry best practices. This role will encompass everything from authentication, identity management, data leak prevention, encryption and data protection to multiple IT organizations on top of identifying and implementing security solutions to protect sensitive data.
The team consists of breach investigators, penetration testers and individuals who have undertaken compliance, secure software design lifecycle and security strategy development, implementation and operation. The ideal candidate will not only focus on addressing security through tactical assessments and solutions, but also focus on reducing the risk. Managerial experience is preferred as you’ll be mentoring and growing out a team of junior consultants. The ideal candidate will be able and willing to travel nationally up to 80% of the time.
Required Skills & Experience
· 3 - 5 years’ experience in Security, with demonstrable experience in application security
· Minimum of 8 years’ experience within IT
· 2+ years of hands-on software development experience, or experience with development languages/frameworks
· Capacity to communicate with Development team and create detailed specifications for technical requirements to drive business needs
· Domain expertise in designing applications/architectures for enterprise grade applications to secure sensitive data and prevent data leakage.
· Prior management consulting experience is preferred
· Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, or another related degree strongly preferred
· Strong project management experience and skills, and ability to drive projects through to completion
· Ability to travel up to 80% in a client-facing capacity.
· Must be able to legally work in the US without limitation