Senior Data Scientist
One of the world's fastest online marketplaces for mobile shoppers is currently looking for a Lead Android Engineer to join their growing team.The company has connected buyers and sellers around the world through leveraging data for merchandising and personalization. They are funded by leading Silicon Valley VC firms - including August Capital, Charles River Ventures, Sequoia Capital, and SV Angel. If you're looking for a challenge and an opportunity to wear multiple (engineering) hats, look no further!
In this position you will be responsible for solving interesting and impactful data problems including image understanding and classification, relevance and recommendations, statistical evaluation, and pipeline engineering etc.
Required Skills & Experience
- Masters or Ph.D. in a quantitative field (e.g. Computer Science, Physics, Statistics)
- 2+ years of experience working with data models
- Proficient understanding of statistics
- Experience with Python, R, java, Scala, AWS, Spark, Map Reduce etc.
- Strong desire to build data products that beneficially impact the user experience
- Independent, self-motivated, resourceful and a quick learner
- Experience with image understanding
- Experience building recommendation pipelines in production
- Has experience with solving ill-defined problems with data.
Benefits & Perks
Competitive compensation, employee perks, medical, dental, and vision coverage.