Senior Data Scientist
One of the world's fastest online marketplaces for mobile shoppers is currently looking for a Senior Data Scientist to join their growing team.The company has connected buyers and sellers around the world through leveraging data for merchandising and personalization. They are funded by leading Silicon Valley VC firms - including August Capital, Charles River Ventures, Sequoia Capital, SV Angel. If you're looking for a challenge and an opportunity to wear multiple (engineering) hats, look no further!
In this position you will be responsible for product classification using text- and image-based techniques, product recommendations, production-ready classification and regression modeling, and data pipeline engineering.
- Masters or Ph.D. in a quantitative field (e.g., Computer Science, Statistics, Physics) or equivalent work experience
- 2+ additional years of industry experience building, using, and evaluating data models
- Experience with AI, machine learning, natural language processing, and/or image classification
- Proficient understanding of statistics and model evaluation
- Experience with scientific computing languages (e.g., Python, R, Matlab, Scala, Julia)
- Experience with big data/computing tools (AWS, Spark, Map Reduce, etc.)
Competitive compensation, employee perks, medical, dental, and vision coverage.