As a member of this team, you will be responsible for building the WAN and Internal Network for this companies global cloud. You will architect and design the network to provide a fabric that can support high performance, reliable and secure networks. You will work on establishing new peering agreements with key SaaS apps as well as other Tier 1 and Tier 2 service providers to enable efficient routing. You will review the application’s design to ensure high performance, low latency transactions.
You will help instrument the entire stack to measure round trip time and latency within the data center, and build KPIs to measure metrics for performance and ensure operating within defined metrics.
As a Network Engineer, you will work on providing secure backbone for the global network of data center locations. You will use your BGP, OSPF and routing skills to provide the best available path for traffic. You will be responsible for securing the network with proper firewalls, NAT rules, IDS/IPS and monitor overall security posture.
Required Skills & Experience
- 6+ years in data center networking
- Knowledge of firewalls, IDS/IPS
- Excellent knowledge of L2 – L7 protocols
- Understanding of BGP, OSPF
- Excellent understanding of SSL/TLS/SPDY
- Knowledge of secure protocol extensions like Perfect Forward Secrecy a big plus
- Knowledge of setting up and maintaining peering relationships
Desired Skills & Experience
- Excellent understanding of Internet backbone, especially Tier 1 service provider networks
- Knowledge of setting up network monitoring and packet capture tools
Benefits & Perks
Overall great environment and creative people! They have:
- An EXCELLENT atmosphere
- Superb work culture
- Great Team
- Exciting Projects
- Plus Benefits
If this sounds like an opportunity that you are or would be interested in learning more about then I want to hear from you ASAP!