Director of Data Science
A well-funded, stealth mode AI start up backed by high profile venture firms in the heart of Mountain View is looking for a tenured leader in the field of Data Science to help drive their unsupervised learning SaaS product. You’ll be a core component of the organization work in hand-in-head with the VP of Product to deliver a highly versatile machine-learning driven application on full-time basis accompanied by a competitive salary and equity package.
You’ll be developing an application that develops intelligent, user profiles and utilizes deep-learning and inferential statistics for matching services and products in a deeply curated and personalized format. You’ll be working on technology that is applicable to wide variety of industries and while this start-up cannot as of yet disclose their market space, trust that they’ll be disrupting an as of yet untapped industry.
Required Skills & Experience
- 4+ Years of experience leading a team and/or working on a machine-learning driven product.
- Strong working knowledge of Machine-learning algorithm development with Python, C/C++, and/or Scala
- Experience with large-scale data ingestion, softening, and analytics
- Mastery of the “full lifecycle” data science (Problem analysis, Data Aggregation, Modeling, Prototyping, Development, Scaling)
- Masters Degree in Computer Science, Applied Mathematics, or related discipline (PhD preferred).
Desired Skills & Experience
- Experience with Semantic Analysis/Search, NLP, or Text Mining
- Experience with “Big Data” and search technologies – Spark/Hadoop and ElasticSearch/Lucene
- Experience bringing a product to market
Benefits & Perks
- Competitive pay and equity package
- Benefits – Health/Vision/Dental
- Flexible work hours and PTO
- Onsite amenities with catered lunches, games, and gym