Chief Analytics Engineer/Director of Engineering
A Series C funded startup is hiring for a Chief Architect/Director of Engineering to lead the development of their next-generation learning analytics platform. People work here because they have a passion for learning and creativity and have a desire to improve the way people learn and impact generations to come.
In this role you will be responsible for designing the architecture, researching specific technologies, and building a team, as well as developing the software itself. In addition to being hands-on you will be a thought leader leveraging your big data expertise and, in tandem with the founders, you will directly make a huge impact on the success of the company.
Required Skills & Experience
- B.S./M.S./Ph.D. in Computer Science, Engineering or related
- 10+ years experience
- Expert programming in Java, Scala, Go or related
- Previous experience as an architect building large scale platforms i.e. data processing systems, analytics platforms, recommendation engines, etc.
- Hands-on experience with Big Data technologies like Hadoop, Hive, MapReduce, Spark, Kafka, etc.
- Machine Learning background is a plus
- Knowledge of AWS and cloud architecture is a plus
- Strong analytical and design skills
- Excellent communication and ability to inspire others
Benefits & Perks
- Competitive salary, equity, PTO, excellent health benefits, work/life balance