Senior Data Science/Machine Learning Engineer
Our client is a fast-growing startup building the leading open-source predictive analytics platform. They have developed their own advanced in-memory infrastructure for scaling algorithms across multiple machines and their platform is being utilized by companies like Netflix, Trulia, and PayPal.
In this role you will be doing a combination of research and development where you are responsible for reading the leading research papers on mathematical algorithms, numerical methods, and computational science, implementing those algorithms and applying them to the core, complex distributed computing engine. These machine learning algorithms will be utilized for recommendation engines, time-series analysis, natural language processing (NLP), and other predictive analytics. If you want to work with some of the leading engineers in the field and be part of building the future of machine learning technology then you will be right at home.
Required Skills & Experience
- M.S. (Ph.D. preferred) in Computer Science, Physics, Engineering, Applied Mathematics, or related
- Strong programming skills in Java, C++, or Python
- Expertise in machine learning, data mining, and algorithm development
- Research oriented mind with a capacity and desire to learn and stay up-to-date with the latest algorithms
- Experience with recommendation engines, time-series analysis, or NLP is a plus
- Very strong math skills- probability and statistical inference, linear algebra, plane and solid geometry / trigonometry, fractions, percentages, ratios, proportions, etc.
- Start-up mentality and a self-starter
Benefits & Perks
- Competitive salary