GPU/Machine Learning Engineer
Our client is a hot startup in the automotive space. The automotive industry is on the cusp of profound change. The future is in smart, connected, and electric— but also autonomous — vehicles, and our client is leading the way.
They are a global company, with research and development, design, manufacturing and o?ces across the world.
As part of the Enterprise Architecture team, you will join the team building the next generation global compute infrastructure. You will design and build large distributed systems that operate at cloud-scale. Your work will be tightly integrated with all other teams and offers the unique opportunity to make significant impact to the infrastructure components that enable development and deployment of core products.
Responsibilities will include:
- Design and implement systems to run GPU-based compute tasks in a Containers as a Service (CaaS) infrastructure.
- Develop infrastructure management tools to schedule data analytics tasks on available GPU hardware for internal and vehicle-facing workloads.
- Develop software to manage and extend Kubernetes as an integrated container execution environment.
- Provide expert guidance about implementing and optimizing GPU-based data processing.
This is a 6-12 month contract-to-hire position.
Required Skills & Experience
- Experienced software engineer with a passion for large-scale compute infrastructure.
- Hands-on experience with virtualization and container technologies like: Docker, Kubernetes, OpenStack, VMware vSphere.
- Detailed experience developing GPU-based data analytics and machine-learning applications using frameworks including: CUDA, OpenCV, MVCC, Café, Torche, Keras, TensorFlow.
- Demonstrated development experience with languages including: Scala, Java, Python, Golang.
- Systems-level experience with Linux Operating System.
- Experience building large-scale infrastructure systems.
- Demonstrated ability to work in a collaborative, data-driven, start-up environment.
- Bachelor’s degree required.
- 5+ Years of experience.
Desired Skills & Experience
- Experience in the automotive industry
- Graduate degree
Benefits & Perks
As a contractor you will receive the following benefits:
- Medical Insurance & Health Savings Account (HSA)
- Paid Sick Time Leave
- Pre-tax Commuter Benefit