This video chat company made a splash in late 2016 when it arrived on the app scene. Now with a million daily active users, they need a Data Engineer to architect data pipelines to relay information throughout the company fast, while maintaining accuracy and delivering reliably. As a communication company, they understand that data and its infrastructure informs every decision made and propels its growth as a company. By becoming its first Data Engineer, you would be given the autonomy to design and build sustainable data infrastructure, data warehousing, and the opportunity to craft the future of digital communication within the company and beyond.
Required Skills & Experience
- 5+ years experience data engineering
- Experience with data warehousing/infrastructure
- Takes initiative and a creative problem solver
- BS in Computer Science or similar
Desired Skills & Experience
- Interested in the opportunity to work with Scala
- Hadoop, Hive, Presto etc.
- Experience working with scalable systems
- Experience with messaging tech (e.g. Kafka)
Benefits & Perks
- Exciting projects with new tech
- Be a part of a rapidly growing company in SF
- Competitive salary
- Health benefits and 401k