Lead Computer Vision Scientist (AR/VR | R&D | Machine Learning) - Contract
Our Client is a Silicon Valley Startup That creates 3D Human Computing Interaction Hardware and Software for AR and VR experiences. They’re innovators in their field being one of the first company to combine AR and VR experiences together. Developing a whole new generation of mobile AR and VR Head Mounted Display, allowing end users to immerse in a natural feeling digital experience. Their technology will help empower future applications and video games for enterprise, entertainment, education, Simulation, training, medical, and many more.
You will invent, innovate, and lead all computer vision R&D for a very well-funded start up reporting directly to the CTO. You will Manage self-initiated goals, work closely with application and core engineering teams to provide CV support and direction and make important decisions that affect developers, products and end user experiences.
Required Skills & Experience
- Bachelors in Computer science or related field (M.S Or Ph.D. preferred)
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in a CV research or engineering role.
- Advanced software, hardware, and systems development understanding
- Experience with recognition, motion tracking, kinematics, robotics, skeleton tracking, physics
- Experience with depth sensing and visual-inertial navigation.
- Proficient with SLAM technology, Able to work well with internal/external developers and customers to help build applications, turning CV, AI, and Machine Learning into fully functional products
Desired Skills & Experience
- Published research work and/or meaningful development input on shipped consumer products or platforms a plus
- Commercial experience in projects using 3D computer vision is a plus
Benefits & Perks
As a contractor you will receive the following benefits:
- Medical Insurance & Health Savings Account (HSA)
- Paid Sick Time Leave
- Pre-tax Commuter Benefit