C# .NET Software Engineer
A financial services firm that operates on a global scale has a job open in their Downtown Chicago LOOP office for an Experienced C# .NET Software Engineer. You will be building applications and API’s to meet the needs of different groups within the organization. The company itself creates financial instruments that insure against systemic risk in the price of commodities, currency exchange rates, and interest rates. You will have the chance to get exposure to a huge variety of Cloud, Distributed, Real Time platforms and work with smart and motivated humans.
The company is undergoing a shared services rejuvenation. Meaning there are business units operating around the country that have their own software and API’s that could be of benefit to other business units within the company. There are centralized platforms and Data API’s that aren’t being used as effectively as possible. You have the chance to be part of a true transformation in the way a Fortune 1000 company uses their technology and work closely within a team of developers with other teams of developer and business leaders.
Required Skills & Experience
- 4-7 years of C#. NET experience
- Experience creating custom restful API’s and services
- A background in modern era web application SOA best practices
- Experience as a “full stack” software engineer
- An intererst in financial markets , financial data
- Communication and collaboration skills
- Ability to learn new API’s ( we have a team that uses Hadoop. You may need to build an API that can talk to and pull from the Hadoop API)
Desired Skills & Experience
- Experience with AZURE
- Experience with some type of Message Queue like RabbitMQ etc.
Benefits & Perks
- Base salary
- Aggressive bonus structure
- 401k match
- PTO – 4 weeks
- Training budget