Senior Distributed Systems Engineer
An early stage venture backed startup is looking to bring the premier tool for social coordination in mobile games.They recently secured funding and want talented engineers to help in their mission to facilitate coordination and communication within an anonymous environment. As a key early hire, you will be working directly with the CTO, founders and other members of the technical staff, designing and implementing highly specialized architectural systems to power a very different type of chat, where performance, flexibility, and reliability are paramount.
Required Skills & Experience
- Fluency in C++ including the C++14 standard
- Proficiency in at least one language that is somewhat different from C++ (functional, scripting, etc)
- Experience with CMake or equivalent cross platform build system
- Demonstrable grasp of distributed systems fundamentals, databases
- Experience programming in memory constrained environments (or writing code where memory usage was important)
- Experience writing high performance code (throughput, latency) and optimizing it (profiling, identifying bottlenecks, etc)
- Experience authoring and debugging multithreaded code (usage of atomic instructions, using mutexes, avoiding mutexes, reasoning about race conditions and deadlocks)
- Experience with code generation (templating engines, parsers, grammars, compiler toolchains, etc)
Benefits & Perks
Excellent compensation package, stock,medical, dental and vision coverage.