Jr DevOps Engineer
A quickly growing startup in Chicago that provides the most affordable location to park is seeking a Junior Engineer with a DevOps focus for their Platform Team. Through their app, they allow customers to reserve parking spots in particular areas of interest, making life easier for the daily driver.
The Platform Team is small and works across multiple areas of the technology stack. At times, you will work in areas outside of traditional operations. Key parts of the development philosophy include commitment to DevOps and Continuous Delivery. As part of this, our client is building a cutting-edge PaaS to support the explosive growth across their product lines. An ideal candidate would be an experienced systems and platform engineer who can help build and design an infrastructure and platform that allows for migration towards a microservices architecture. Technologies used include Docker, AWS, Python, JVM, Big Data, and Apache Kafka as key components in our clients platform.
Required Skills & Experience
· Minimum of 1-2 years experience
· Clear history of self-direction on complex projects, excellent communication skills, and a portfolio (github) that demonstrates these
· BS in Computer Science or a solid background of CS fundamentals
· Your background will be that of a system builder who has had considerable experience in a highly- complex technical operations private/cloud-based environment.
· Proven track record of defining and designing reliable, scalable, distributed systems running on AWS or other public cloud infrastructure.
· Experience managing and automating configuration of relational database clusters
· Core understanding of agile development processes and working in an agiel organization
· Experience working with Big Data technologies and/or Data Science.
· Demonstrated experience building solutions around CI, release management, deployment, and monitoring.
· Experience in Linux Administration.
Benefits & Perks
· Career game changer- a truly unique experience to work for a fast-growing startup in a role with unlimited potential for growth
· Excellent benefits- cover 90% of Medical Premiums, 50% of Dental & Vision Premiums, and offer company sponsored Life Insurance
· Flexible PTO policy, generous parental leave, and great work/life balance
· Fun perks like snacks, catered lunches, happy hours, wellness programs, and company apparel.
· The opportunity to collaborate with fun, innovative, and passionate people in a casual, yet highly productive atmosphere
· A workplace recognized as a Top Company Culture by Entrepreneur, a Top Workplace by Chicago Tribune, and one of Chicago’s Best Places to Work for Women under 35 by Crain’s Chicago.