iOS Engineer (Drone/UAV Leader)
Our client is the world industry leader in drones with more than 70% market share. They have been building a brand new R&D center in the heart of Palo Alto over the last year. The company has purchased a building large enough to house more than 75 engineers. However, there are currently only about 20 hired leaving quite few openings for Silicon Valley’s best and brightest. The company is already profitable, valued at $10 billion, and received a sizable VC investment for their new venture in Palo Alto.
There will be many roles filled over the next 12 months, but one of the most pressing needs is for talented iOS Software Engineers. This is the perfect blend of startup environment with established company resources. As there are multiple openings, candidates of all level of experience are encouraged to apply. Salary will depend on level of experience, but there will be stock options in addition.
As an iOS Developer, you will be working to build a custom app store, SDK’s, and mobile applications for industry partners as well as internal teams. The projects involved with this role will also prove to be meaningful, dealing with agricultural efficiency and search & rescue.
Required Skills & Experience
- BS CS, EE, CE or equivalent
- 2+ years in developing application software for consumer or industrial devices
- 2+ years in iOS development in consumer or enterprise: have 1 or more apps on the App Store
- Strong Objective-C and Cocoa Touch knowledge
- Strong CS fundamentals (especially object oriented design)
- Strong analytical problem solving skills using scientific method and design of experiments
- Ability to work in an evolving environment, helping to develop processes and best practices for both company and industry
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, able to communicate complex technical issues to cross-functional teams
- Excellent collaborator, able to make a positive contribution in a dynamic team spread around the world
- Self motivated, able to work independently, entrepreneurial, excellent time management
- International travel (up to 10-15%)?
Desired Skills & Experience
- Masters or PhD
- Swift experience
- Experience in advances iOS frameworks: Core Data, MapKit, Networking
- Experience programming for UX
- Experience with embedded systems
- Experience developing SDKs for internal or external developers
- Experience using several 3rd party SDK frameworks
- Have designed, built and/or enjoy flying remote controlled aerial vehicles
Benefits & Perks
- Competitive salaries
- Flexible PTO
- Medical, Dental, Vision
- 401k matching